HUMATE-P is labeled in VWF:RCo for dosing accuracy in VWD:
Treatment of bleeding episodes:
- Administer 40-80 IU VWF:RCo per kg body weight every 8-12 hours
Prevention of excessive bleeding during and after surgery:
- Surgical dosing differs by type of surgery (ie, major, minor) and should be customized to patient need according to baseline and target levels of VWF:RCo and FVIII
- In emergency situations, administer a loading dose of 50 to 60 International Units (IU) VWF:RCo/kg body weight and, subsequently, closely monitor the patient's trough coagulation factor levels
- Please see Dosage and Administration in the full Prescribing Information
- Use our Dosing Calculator to make individual dosing fast, easy, and convenient
VWF:RCo and FVIII content identified and labeled for prescribing precision
With an average VWF:RCo to FVIII ratio of 2.4 to 1, HUMATE-P can successfully achieve therapeutic levels of VWF without raising FVIII to supernormal levels.
A variety of vial sizes
HUMATE-P is available in a range of vial sizes for convenient dosing, transportation, and storage.
- Lethagen S, Kyrle PA, Castaman G, Haertel S, Mannucci PM, for the Haemate P Surgical Study Group. von Willebrand factor/factor VIII concentrate (Haemate P) dosing based on pharmacokinetics: a prospective multicenter trial in elective surgery. J Thromb Haemost. 2007;5(7):1420-1430.
- Lillicrap D, Poon M-C, Walker I, Xie F, Schwartz BA, and members of the Association of Hemophilia Clinic Directors of Canada. Efficacy and safety of the factor VIII/von Willebrand factor concentrate, Haemate-P/HUMATE-P: ristocetin cofactor unit dosing in patients with von Willebrand disease. Thromb Haemost. 2002;87(2):224-230.