Excellent/good bleed control on demand in 97% of bleeding episodes*2
*Retrospective review of 97 Canadian patients. Excellent was defined as hemostasis achieved/complete cessation of bleeding. Good was defined as slight oozing/partial but adequate control of bleeding and did not require additional product for unplanned treatment.2
†Type 2A and 2B VWD.
Excellent/good bleed control in 100% of urgent surgery patients*3—and throughout recovery from elective surgery†4
*Prospective, multicenter, open-label, nonrandomized study designed to evaluate the safety and bleed efficacy of HUMATE-P in 42 events/39 patients with VWD (type 1, 2A, 2B, or 3) who underwent urgent or emergent, nonelective surgery. Excellent/good was defined as adequate—similar to that expected for persons without known bleeding disorders.3
†Prospective, multicenter, open-label cohort study to determine the feasibility of dosing VWF/FVIII concentrate based on PK analysis in 29 VWD subjects (Type 1, 2A, 2M, or 3) undergoing elective surgery (11 minor and 16 major events). Excellent was defined as clinical hemostasis within normal limits. Good was defined as slight oozing.4
Kim trusts HUMATE-P
to manage her periods
HUMATE-P really makes such a big difference because after five days, it’s done.”
—Kim, HUMATE-P user
HUMATE-P has a proven safety profile built on a large body of evidence in VWD
The preferred VWF replacement therapy with the most extensive clinical use—over 30+ years5
5.2 billion IU
Safety profile demonstrated in extensive clinical use5
Most common adverse reactions observed by >5% of subjects after receiving HUMATE-P are allergic-
anaphylactic reactions (eg, urticaria, chest tightness, rash, pruritus, edema) and, in patients undergoing surgery,
postoperative wound and injection-site bleeding, and epistaxis.
Most common adverse reactions observed by >5% of subjects after receiving HUMATE-P are allergic- anaphylactic reactions (eg, urticaria, chest tightness, rash, pruritus, edema) and, in patients undergoing surgery, postoperative wound and injection-site bleeding, and epistaxis.
Dedicated to meeting the most rigorous international safety standards
Learn about CSL Behring’s Integrated Safety System, the proprietary multistep manufacturing process for HUMATE-P.
- Data on file. Available from CSL Behring as DOF HUM-002.
- Lillicrap D, Poon M-C, Walker I, Xie F, Schwartz BA, and members of the Association of Hemophilia Clinic Directors of Canada. Efficacy and safety of the factor VIII/von Willebrand factor concentrate, Haemate-P/HUMATE-P: ristocetin cofactor unit dosing in patients with von Willebrand disease. Thromb Haemost. 2002;87(2):224-230.
- Thompson AR, Gill JC, Ewenstein BM, Mueller-Velten G, Schwartz BA; HUMATE-P Study Group. Successful treatment for patients with von Willebrand disease undergoing urgent surgery using factor VIII/VWF concentrate (HUMATE-P). Hemophilia. 2004;10(1):42-51
- Lethagen S, Kyrle PA, Castaman G, Haertel S, Mannucci PM, for the Haemate P Surgical Study Group. von Willebrand factor/factor VIII concentrate (Haemate P) dosing based on pharmacokinetics: a prospective multicenter trial in elective surgery. J Thromb Hemost. 2007;5(7):1420-1430.
- Kouides P, Wawra-Hehenberger K, Sajan A, Mead H, Simon T. Safety of a pasteurized plasma-derived Factor VIII and von Willebrand factor concentrate: analysis of 33 years of pharmacovigilance data. Transfusion. 2017;57:2390-2403.