What is HUMATE-P?
HUMATE-P falls into a category of VWD treatments that are called von Willebrand factor/factor VIII (VWF/FVIII) replacement therapies.
These replacement therapies provide concentrated von Willebrand factor (VWF) to supplement or replace the VWF that is missing from your body.
By restoring VWF, replacement therapies such as HUMATE-P may help stop excessive bleeding, which may help you return to your everyday life.
HUMATE-P is the #1 prescribed VWF/FVIII concentrate treatment.
- Extensive clinical experience
- Long record of success
HUMATE-P has been studied for more than 25 years and is preferred by more physicians and patients. In fact, it is the most prescribed von Willebrand factor/factor FVIII (VWF/FVIII) replacement therapy indicated for von Willebrand disease (VWD) in:
HUMATE-P provides reliable hemostatic control for all VWD types across a broad range of clinical applications.
HUMATE-P is also proven effective across multiple types of bleeds, including:
- Spontaneous bleeding episodes (bleeding that occurs without an obvious cause or after an injury, such as nosebleeds)
- Trauma-induced bleeding episodes (bleeding caused by accidents or injuries)
- Bleeding occurring before and after surgery
CSL Behring's Integrated Safety System helps the product meet high quality and safety standards, thus reducing the risk of virus transmissions. The risk of virus transmission cannot be completely eliminated.
The CSL Behring Integrated Safety System helps HUMATE-P meet high product quality and safety standards.
- Collection, processing, and packaging procedures help provide purity and safety
- Integrated Safety System helps reduce the risk of virus transmission; the risk cannot be completely eliminated
CSL Behring is dedicated to meeting the most stringent international standards for plasma-product safety in accordance with guidelines from worldwide regulatory agencies.
- Data on File. Available from CSL Behring as DOF HUM-001.
- Thompson AR, Gill JC, Ewenstein BM, Mueller-Velten G, Schwartz BA; HUMATE-P Study Group. Successful treatment for patients with von Willebrand disease undergoing urgent surgery using factor VIII/VWF concentrate (HUMATE-P). Haemophilia. 2004;10(1):42-51.